The interchange is the value charged by the issuing institution of a credit card (the customer's bank) to the acquiring institution (Centralpay).
The Card Scheme Fees correspond to the fees taken by the Cards networks (Visa, Mastercard, CB) to make the service work.
They are named as follows:
Interchange fees + card network fees (card scheme fees).
Interchange fees + card network fees (card scheme fees) + CentralPay operating costs
Centralpay's business model is “INTERCHANGE ++”
Since December 2015, interchange has been standardized in Europe. Outside the European Economic Area, costs are higher and less homogeneous.
- Débit, prepaid: 0.2 %
- Credit, deferred debit: 0.3 %
- Corporate: 0.9 %
- Average reported in B2C: 0.23 %
Interregional (rest of the world)
- All types of cards: 2.15 %
Card scheme fees
- Interregional: 0.34 %
- Intraregional (EEA): 0.085 %
- Average observed in B2C Europe: 0.31 %
- Average observed in B2C outside Europe: 2.49 %
Example for a European transaction:
- A prepaid or debit consumer card cost is 0.2 % + 0.085 % = 0.285 %
- A credit card or differed debit card cost is 0.3 % + 0.085 % = 0.385 %
- A business card cost is 0.9 % + 0.085 % = 0.985 %
- A card issued outside the EEA cost is 2.15 % + 0.085 % = 2.49 %
- The average cost in Europe is 0.23 % + 0.085 % de card scheme fees = 0.315 %